Mellow Player is a Cross-Platform Qt Cloud Music desktop application with the main focus of working with web-based music streaming services to bring your favorite music selections to your desktop.
Being a Qt based alternative to NuvolaPlayer, specifically crafted for KaOS, Mellow Player features a minimal design inspired themeable User Interface with a nice feel.
Features in Mellow Player
- Cross-platform – Mellow Player is available on Windows, Mac OSX, and GNU/Linux.
- FOSS – Mellow Player is also free and open source with the code available on GitHub.
- Supported services – Spotify, Deezer, Google Player, SoundCloud, Tune In, Tidal, YouTube, Mixcloud, and 8tracks.
- Support for Plugins – add support for new services even by writing custom plugins.
- Comprehensive Online Documentation – for beginners and professionals alike.
- Notifications – Support for native desktop notifications.
- Integration – System tray integration.
- Shortcuts – Support for Hotkeys and media player keys.
- Support for Mpris2 on GNU/Linux systems.
Due to licensing issues, Mellow Player does not ship the flash player plugin and the widevine DRM plugins in the official releases. Head over to the “Browser plugins” section on its GitHub page for supportive information regarding them.
Download the latest version of Mellow Player available for your OS distro using the button below.
[mks_button size=”medium” title=”Download Mellow Player for Linux” style=”squared” url=”https://github.com/ColinDuquesnoy/MellowPlayer/releases” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow nofollow” bg_color=”#46698E” txt_color=”#fff” icon=”fa-download” icon_type=”fa” nofollow=”1″]
You can also get installation help from its documentation page for other Linux distributions here.
Are you familiar with Mellow Player? What has been your experience so far relative to other music players especially ones that stream online music? Try the app and share your experience with us in the comments section.